The roots of Buddhism are spread across different parts of the country and Andhra Pradesh is no exception. The 6 nights and 7 days ‘South India Buddhist Tour’ will take you on a road less traveled. The Buddhist ruins and remains lying in Nagarjunkonda, Warangal and Amravati are quite exquisite and important for Buddhists and admirers of art and architecture.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard rooms in a family-run guesthouse in Leh on single/double occupancy
- Daily Breakfast Lunch & Dinner at all places
- High Quality Camping Arrangements
- Toilet tent with portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Charges of 2 guides (for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members)
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9. (8 Dinners, 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Transport from and back to Leh as per the itinerary in Tempo Traveller / Toyota Innova / Mahindra Scorpio (extra charges)
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag ( Rs. 1800)
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Sightseeing tour of Hyderabad
- Explore Buddhist temples and remains at Nagarjunkonda
- Explore Ramappa Temple, Warangal Fort, Thousand Pillared Temple and Pakhal Lake in Waranagal
- Visit Durga Temple in Vijaywada
- Explore medieval Buddhist ruins of Amaravati
Day 1: Arrival Hyderabad
Upon arrival in Hyderabad, our tour representative will meet you and assist you in smooth transfer to the hotel. Later, set off for a sightseeing tour of Hyderabad. Visit the Golconda Fort. Stay overnight in the hotel..
Day 1: Arrival Hyderabad
Upon arrival in Hyderabad, our tour representative will meet you and assist you in smooth transfer to the hotel. Later, set off for a sightseeing tour of Hyderabad. Visit the Golconda Fort. Stay overnight in the hotel.
Day 3: Hyderabad - Warangal
Post breakfast in the morning, take a road journey to Warangal. Upon arrival, check in at the hotel. Later, proceed on a sightseeing tour of Warangal which include Ramappa Temple, Warangal Fort, Thousand Pillared Temple and Pakhal Lake. Stay overnight in the hotel.
Day 4: Warangal - Vijayawada
In the morning, hit the road to Vijaywada. Upon arrival in Vijaywada, check in at the hotel. Post lunch, take a nap. In the evening, enjoy a leisurely stroll in the city. Stay overnight in the hotel.
Day 5: Vijayawada - Amravati
In the morning, embark on a sightseeing tour of Vijaywada. Visit the famous Durga temple. Later, head straight to Amravati. Explore the medieval ruins of Buddhist stupas and temples in Amravati and will return back to Vijaywada. Stay overnight in the hotel.
Day 6: Vijayawada - Visakhapatnam
In the morning, take a road trip to Visakhapatnam. Arrive in Vishakapatnam by evening and check in at the hotel. Take a rest and stroll around the beach in the evening. By evening, return back to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 7: Visakhapatnam - Delhi
In the morning, take a short trip to Vishakhapatnam. Later, you will be transferred to the airport to board flight to Delhi. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the international airport for onward journey.