Divine Do Dham Yatra (Kedarnath and Badrinath) offering you a wonderful chance to visit the two most important Hindu pilgrimage sites - Kedarnath and Badrinath. Also blessed with mesmerizing scenery in abundance, Kedarnath is one among the twelve jyotirlingas of Shiva and Badrinath shrine is one of the 108 Divya Desams of Lord Vishnu.
Through this Do dham yatra package, you have a great chance to visit the two most pious destinations of Char Dham Yatra along with other sanctified spots like Guptkashi, Rudraprayag and Rishikesh.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard rooms in a family-run guesthouse in Leh on single/double occupancy
- Daily Breakfast Lunch & Dinner at all places
- High Quality Camping Arrangements
- Toilet tent with portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Charges of 2 guides (for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members)
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9. (8 Dinners, 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Transport from and back to Leh as per the itinerary in Tempo Traveller / Toyota Innova / Mahindra Scorpio (extra charges)
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag ( Rs. 1800)
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Attend the early morning ‘Abhishekam’ and offer sincere prayers at Kedarnath
- Pay a visit to Badrinath temple; one of the most important Hindu pilgrimage sites
- Explore important tourist spots in Badrinath such as Mana village and Mata Murti temple
- Visit Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, the prime attractions of Rishikesh
Day 1 : Haridwar - Guptkashi (206km/ 7 to 8 hours)
Arrive at Haridwar and then proceed to Guptkashi. Upon reaching Guptkashi check-in at a booked hotel and settle down. Get your medical check-up done for your next day tour to Kedarnath. Get back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 : Guptkashi- Gaurikund- Kedarnath (35km and 17km trek)
Today have breakfast, check-out from the hotel and head straight away travel to Gaurikund, which is the main base for trek to Kedarnath shrine. Either you can hire a palki or take a horse or trek on your own to Kedarnath.
On the way, with continuous chants of Jai Bholenath you come across the Mandakini River Stream (a tributary of Ganga that starts from Kedarnatha and passes through Gaurikund), striking mountains and lush green jungles making Kedarnath a true paradise.
On reaching, you check-in at Government camps or cottages. Take your dinner and have comfortable stay at the camp.
Day 3: Kedarnath- Gaurikund- Guptkashi (17 Km trek and 35 Km drive)
On third day, get-up early morning, take bath and head to Kedarnath shrine at around 4:45 am. Attend the’ Abhishekam’, the worship ceremonies of Lord Shiva. Offer sincere prayers in the shrine and get the blessings of Lord Shiva.
After completing all the darshans, get back to the government camp and pack-up your luggage. Start your return trek from Kedarnath to Gaurikund. After reaching Gaurikund you travel to Guptkashi. Drive back to your hotel, take dinner and sleep.
Day 4: Guptkashi- Joshimath- Badrinath (190km/ 7 to 8 hours journey)
Today, have morning breakfast, check-out from the hotel at 8:00am and leave for Badrinath via Joshimath. On your arrival at Badrinath, check-in at a hotel and have some light snacks.
Thereafter, in the evening you proceed for Badrinath shrine. But before that you have to take bath in divine Tapt Kund, a hot water spring. Badrinath is one of the most important Hindu pilgrimage sites, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The holy shrine is around 15 meters in height and the main deity inside the temple is of Lord Vishnu, a black stone statue-Saligram stone in form of Badrinarayan.
Afterwards, you get back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 5: Badrinath- Joshimath- Rudraprayag (165km/ 5 to 6 hours drive)
On fifth day of your Divine Do Dham Yatra, you pay a visit to Badrinath shrine. Done with all your puja and darshan, return back to the hotel for breakfast and further, you leave for sightseeing in Badrinath. You may visit the Mana village, Ganesh Gufa, Mata Murti temple and Vyas Gufa.
Later, in the afternoon, you travel back to Rudraprayag via Karanprayag. Rudraprayag is a pious town, known for its holy rivers Alaknanda and Mandakini. Upon reaching the Rudraprayag, check-in at a pre-booked hotel and loosen-up. Rest of the day is at leisure, either you can spend it in the hotel room or you may visit the major attractions of the town. Enjoy your dinner in the hotel and sleep.
Day 6: Rudraprayag- Rishikesh- Haridwar (160km/ 5 to 6 hours drive)
Today, have breakfast and straight away drive to Rishikesh. Rishikesh is a sacred city that is blessed with a number renowned ashrams and yoga centers. On your arrival at Rishikesh, visit the most important places of interest- Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, the two hanging bridges.
In the evening, you leave for Haridwar and then, travel to Haridwar railway station for onward journey.