Classic Turkey Tour, a tour package of 6 nights and 7 days by Indian Holiday, takes you through some of the most popular classical destinations of Turkey, holding a lot of historical importance. During the itinerary, you visit destinations like Istanbul, Ankara, Aphrodisias, Kusadasi, Cappadocia, Cappadocia and more. Get a sneak-peek into the rich history of these places. You get to indulge in a number of interesting activities.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard rooms in a family-run guesthouse in Leh on single/double occupancy
- High Quality Camping Arrangements
- Toilet tent with portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Charges of 2 guides (for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members)
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9. (8 Dinners, 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Transport from and back to Leh as per the itinerary in Tempo Traveller / Toyota Innova / Mahindra Scorpio (extra charges)
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag ( Rs. 1800)
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Bosphorus Cruise along the Istanbul Strait in Istanbul
- Visit to the popular Spice market of Istanbul
- Explore the Anatolian Civilisations Museum in Ankara- the capital of Turkey
- Visit to the amazing Kaymakli Underground City in Cappadocia
- Halt at a 13th century structure of Sultanhani Caravanserai, en-route Konya
- Walk around the remains of the ancient Roman City of Hierapolis in Pamukkale
- Explore Aphrodisias, an ancient city dedicated to Aphrodite- the goddess of love
- Visit the ruins of Odeon, the temple of Hadrian and Hercules Gate during sightseeing in Ephesus- the Roman capital of Asia Minor
- Last minute shopping at the Grand Covered Bazaar of Istanbul
DAY 01: Arrive Istanbul
As you reach Istanbul Ataturk Apt, meet an IHPL representative who helps you with an assisted transfer to your pre-booked hotel. Around 13:00 hrs in the afternoon, leave your hotel for sightseeing on Seat in Coach Basis. You indulge in a number of activities like Bosphorus Cruise along the Bosphorus-also known as Istanbul strait and later visit of the popular Spice Market. Overnight stay in Istanbul. (Note: Lunch and dinner not included)
DAY 02: Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia
Early morning pick-up from the hotel at 05:30 hrs (packed breakfast). PVT transfer to the airport to board an early morning flight to Ankara, the capital of Turkey. After arrival, meet our tour representative. This amazingly growing city’s history dates back to 3000 years. Enjoy sightseeing including the Anatolian Civilisations Museum- exhibiting the remains of Catalhoyuk, the Neolithic village that dates back to 6500 BC. The next visit of the day is the Mausoleum of Ataturk, the founder of modern Turkey. Lunch at a local restaurant, proceed to Cappadocia. On arrival, complete the check-in formalities at your hotel. (B, L, D)
DAY 03: Cappadocia
Have your breakfast and leave your hotel for sightseeing of this unique place. The first visit is to Kaymakli Underground City that is etched out of rocks and is completely self contained. It is home to around 200 people who stay in each of the 7 floors. Next in line is the natural citadel of Uchisar. Lunch followed by exploring the Goreme Open-Air Museum, consisting of pink, rose and white tapering columns. The caves were turned into monasteries during the 4th century. Last in line is visits to Avonos village and Pasabag Valley. Stay overnight. (B, L, D)
DAY 04: Cappadocia – Konya – Pamukkale
Once you have breakfast on the 4th day of the tour, get an assisted transfer to Konya. On the way, halt Sultanhani Caravanserai- a monument erected in the 13th century on the popular silk route. Once in Konya, explore the Mausoleum of Mevlana-also known as Green Dome, which is known for mystic all around the world. Proceed to Pamukkale, known as the cotton fortress, hot water springs and pools and stalactites over cliffs. On arrival, check-in at a hotel for an overnight stay. (B, L, D)
DAY 05: Pamukkale – Aphrodisias – Kusadasi
On day 5, post breakfast, take a walk around the remains of the ancient Roman City of Hierapolis and Later, get transferred to Kusadasi. On the way, you halt to have lunch at a local restaurant. Thereafter, visit Aphrodisias. This ancient city is dedicated to Aphrodite- the goddess of love. The place is also popular for the sculpture school. Proceed to Kusadasi. Upon arriving, complete the check-in at your pre-booked hotel for staying overnight. (B, L, D)
DAY 06: Kusadasi – Ephesus – Izmir – Istanbul
After breakfast on the 6th day of the tour, you visit the House of Virgin Mary, which is a Catholic and a Muslim shrine. Later, you continue your journey to Ephesus- the Roman capital of Asia Minor. Here, you get a chance to explore major attractions like the ruins of Odeon, the temple of Hadrian, Hercules Gate, Agora and fantastic Greco-Roman theatre and the magnificent library. Lunch is followed by a visit to the Basilica of St. John. After this, you get an on-time transfer to the Izmir airport for boarding a flight to Istanbul. Once you arrive in Istanbul, get an assisted transfer to your for an overnight stay. (B, L)
DAY 07: Sightseeing in Istanbul- Departure
After breakfast on day 7, checkout before you leave the hotel for sightseeing (Note: Luggage can be left at the hotel). Get picked-up from the hotel at 07:40 Hrs for half-day city tour on Seat in Coach Basis. Enjoy a visit to St.Sophia (closed on Mondays) and Byzantine Hippodrome. The next visit of the day is the Blue Mosque, with six minarets and a middle dome that is around 109 feet. The last visit of the day is exploring the Grand Covered Bazaar (closed on Sundays), that houses 4,000 shops under one roof. You can indulge in shopping here. Thereafter, back to the hotel (Note: No room). Later, get an assisted transfer to the Istanbul airport to board your flight for your onward destination. (B)