Dooars is a scenic hill town located at a height range from 90 meters to 1750 meters in the midst of picturesque natural excellence loaded with stunning valleys, meandering rivers and streams, rolling hill slopes and beautiful tea plantations. The hill station of Dooars derived its name from the word ‘doors’ and forms an excursion getaways to Sikkim, North Bengal, Bhutan & the North-Eastern states. With eastern Himalayas as background, Dooars is highlight its scenic charm by sprawling meadows, cascading streams, Sal forests and calm and serene little hamlets.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard rooms in a family-run guesthouse in Leh on single/double occupancy
- Daily Breakfast Lunch & Dinner at all places
- High Quality Camping Arrangements
- Toilet tent with portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Charges of 2 guides (for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members)
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9. (8 Dinners, 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Fare/ Flight Fare
- Guaranteed early check in or late check out. This is completely at the discretion of the hotel and we can only put in a request for the same.
- Any expenses of personal nature
- Tips and porterage
- Surcharges as applicable due to peak season, surcharge dates, trade fair dates, Christmas, New Year week.
- Meals other than that what is mentioned in your itinerary.
- Any services not mentioned in the inclusions list
- Meals other than specified in the itinerary.Drinks including Water during meals / sightseeing tours are not included
1. Gorumara National Park: Gorumara National Park is a medium sized national park surrounded by picturesque landscape and dense forests. It is situated on Murti and Jaldhaka rivers flood plain. The Gorumara National Park boasts wide variety of fauna and flora and among them the Asiatic one-horned rhino are popular one.
2. Jaldapara Wildlife Sanctuary: Spread over an area of 141 square kilometers and at a height of 61 meters, the Jaldpara Wildlife Sanctuary is a national park known for its vast population of Great Indian One Horned Rhinos. The Park is also home to some other wide varieties of flora and fauna.
Day 1: NJP Rail Station to Gorumara, 80 Kms in 2.5 hrs
- Arrival at NJP rail station. You will be received by our executive and helped in boarding awaiting vehicle. Transfer to Gorumara. Check in hotel. Evening Forest Safari at Chapramari OR visit to Medhla Watch Tower (Safari Self arranged at own cost).
- Overnight at Gorumara (Lataguri).
Day 2: Jeep Safari to Gorumara Watch Tower
- Early morning Jeep safari for 2 hrs to Gorumara Watch Tower (Safari Self arranged at own cost). Visit Rhino Point and Jatra Prasad Tower deep inside forest to see the wild animals in their natural habitat. Both the towers give a panoramic view of the vast forest and grassland of Gorumara national Park. Return to your hotel for Breakfast.
- Gorumara to Samsing and Suntaleykhola Excursion, 45 kms in 2 hrs (One way)
- After breakfast drive to Samsing (Alt 3050Ft / 925M), a small foothill village surrounded by tea gardens and forests. Also proceed to Suntaleykhola to enjoy the scenic landscape. You may also walk down for 2kms to Rocky Island on the bank of Wild Murti River. In the afternoon return to Gorumara.
- Overnight at Gorumara (Lataguri).
Day 3: Jeep Safari to Khunia (Chandrachur) Watch Tower
- After early breakfast, start for a Jeep safari for 2 hrs to Khunia (Chandrachur) Watch Tower in Gorumara National Park (Safari Self arranged at own cost). En route visit Murti River, an excellent natural picnic spot on the fringe of the forest. Khunia is a prime destination to spot the hard of wild elephant, deer and Indian bison.
- Check out from Lataguri hotel and drive to Bindu Jhalong Excursion with Chapramari Sanctuary, 55kms in 2.5hrs (One way) – We drive onwards from Chapramari to Bindu (Alt 4350Ft / 1300M), the last village on the Indo–Bhutan border along the Himalayan foothills. Also visit Jhalong on the bank of Jaldhaka River. While returning from Bindu transfer to Murti. Check in at hotel.
- Overnight at Murti.
Day 4: MURTI to NJP, 60 kms in 2.5hrs
- Depending on time availability you can undertake additional Jungle Safari in the morning (Self Arranged at Own Cost). Check out from Murti and drive to NJP as per your return schedule. Farewell and tour ends at NJP Station.
(Note: elephants and Jeep safari cannot be booked in advance. The guest has to personally book the ride on the spot. We shall assist the guest with information about booking the ride. Elephant ride / Jeep safari cost not included in package).
We are not holding any rooms or airline seats as of now and above mentioned is quote only , subject to availability at the time of confirmation. First preference will be given to mentioned hotels for reservation. In case of non-availability of these hotels we shall advise the similar or next available option with supplement cost. Itinerary provided is just suggestive and the sightseeing will be done as per availability. In case of no show or late cancellation after reconfirmation charges applicable as per the Hotels Policy and other vendors policy.
Itinerary provided is just suggestive and the sightseeing will be done as per availability.