North Bengal is a geographical division. It was historically called Gour but that included certain districts or areas such us Rangpur and Rajshahi, which are now in Bangladesh. The total area has a distictiveness in the matter of the dialects spoken, the folk culture and life styles. Far away from the madding crowds of the metroplitan city, it has a quietness of its own.
Standing at the foothills of the mighty Himalayas, it gradually slopes down to the alluvial plains of the Ganges, the Padma and the Jamuna. The Ganges flows in circumventing the Rajmahal Hills and the Brahmaputra round the Garo Hills. Other turbluent rivers originate in North Bengal and flow down to the plains.
It is the land of the mountain climbing Sherpas, and other prople with some distinctiveness of their own. Certain Muslim dominated areas have their own traditions. It has been home to the famous one-horned rhino and numerous other species of animals and birds.
With improvement in communication links, the inflow of tourists into North Bengal is increasing and it is hoped will increase manifold. It is a wonderful land waiting to be explored properly by the inquisitive tourists.
What is included in the tour
- All transfers & sight seeing in N.AC car according to itinerary.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in the above mentioned or any similar category hotels.
- Meals: According to the meal plan mentioned beside the hotel names.
- Assistance on arrival.
- All applicable service & permit charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills, and beverages.
- It also does not include any meals unless and otherwise specifically mentioned.
- Domestic and International airfare.
- Optional, suggested or unspecified activities.
- Camera fee (still or movie).
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances, etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Service Tax, Insurance.
- Anything which is not include in the inclusion
Day 01: Siliguri/Bagdogra to Darjeeling via Mirik Lake (104 Km / approx 3.30 hrs)
Welcome to Best of North Bengal Tour . On arrival at the Bagdogra airport or New Jalpaiguri railway station (own cost), you will be transferred to Darjeeling. Enroute you will visit Mirik Lake, an ideal place for boating where on arrival you will check into your hotel.
Day 02: Darjeeling sight seeing
Early morning (around 4.00 am), you will drive to Tiger Hill to enjoy the magnificent view of sunrise and the effect of sun light over the Eastern Himalayan peaks like Mt. Kanchendzonga (28,208 ft), Kabru, Pandim etc (subject to clear weather conditions). On return to your hotel visit Ghoom Monastery and Batasia Loop.
After breakfast there will be Darjeeling city tour including HMI, Darjeeling Zoo, tea garden, Tenging Rock Tibetan Self Help Refugee Centre etc.
Day 03: Darjeeling to Kalimpong (52 km./ 2 hrs.)
After breakfast drive to Kalimpong. Enroute visit Peshok view point- the confluence of river Tista & Rangit. After lunch you will enjoy half day sight seeing in Kalimpong including flower nurseries, Delo hills, monastery etc. Over night at Kalimpong.
Day 04: Kalimpong to Lataguri via Lava (120 km./ 4 hrs.)
In the morning drive to Lataguri in Dooars. On the way visit Lava a picturesque mountain village in North Bengal. Reach Lataguri in the afternoon. Rest of the day is at leisure. Over night at Lataguri.
Day 05: Dooars- Excursion to Sumsing Suntalikhola Jhalong & Bindu
Half day excursion to Samsing, Suntalikhola. Then drive to Jhalong & Bindu. Jhalong is a beautiful valley beside Jaldhaka River. You can also have outer view of Jaldhaka Hydral Project. Bindu is another one hour journeyfrom Jhalong at Bhutan border. Overnight at Lataguri.
Day 06: Dooas- Lataguri to Jaldapara (65 km./ 1.30 hrs.)
Early morning jungle safari at Chapramari Reserve Forest. After breakfast drive from Lataguri to Jaldapara. Afternoon jungle safari at Chilapata Forest. Overnight at Jaldapara.
Day 07: Jaldapara to Siliguri (124 km./ 2.30 hrs)
Early morning proceed for a jungle safari at Jaldapara National park. After breakfast drive back to Siliguri/ Bagdogra. Best of North Bengal Tour ends.