South Indian spiritualism meets French chic in Pondicherry, an interesting, unusual, and international destination on the Bay of Bengal. The eastern side of town displays a richness of French colonial-era architecture, with tree-lined cobblestoned streets lined by a number of old churches and townhouses. Many of the old district's buildings now house cafes, restaurants, and galleries, with a thread of Gallic style and culture running through the aged alleys and the international crowd that lives here. A number of famous ashrams represent some of the key places to visit in Pondicherry, offering some of the country's top Westerner-oriented meditation and yoga retreats. Pondicherry is in Union Territory of Pondicherry.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard rooms in a family-run guesthouse in Leh on single/double occupancy
- Daily Breakfast Lunch & Dinner at all places
- High Quality Camping Arrangements
- Toilet tent with portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Charges of 2 guides (for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members)
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9. (8 Dinners, 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Transport from and back to Leh as per the itinerary in Tempo Traveller / Toyota Innova / Mahindra Scorpio (extra charges)
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag ( Rs. 1800)
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Manakula Vinayagar Temple
Sri Aurobindo Ashram
Bharathi Park / Government Park
French War Memorial
Mahatma Gandhi Statue
Pondicherry Beach / Promenade Beach
Statue Of Dupleix
Basilica Of Sacred Heart Of Jesus
Gangai Konda Cholapuram
- Day 1: Chennai- Pondicherry
On arrival pick up from Chennai airport/railway station and drive to Pondicherry. On the way visit Mahabalipuram. Check into the hotel at Pondicherry and relax for the day. Overnight stay at the hotel.
- Day 2: Pondicherry
Today after breakfast get ready for sightseeing of Pondicherry. Visit Aurobindo Ashram which houses a library, study room and sales emporium. Remainders of Sri Aurobindo are present here and is open to all for meditation. Then visit French War Memorial, Botanical garden, Chunnambar boat house located along the banks of Ariyankkupam River. Evening enjoy the palm-fringed beaches of Pondicherry . Evening enjoy the delicious food and some fine wine. Overnight stay at hotel.
- Day 3: Pondicherry
Today visit Auroville- the International township .Visit The Matrimandir - Temple of the Divine Mother is the spiritual center of Auroville. It stands as a living example of human unity in diversity. Evening relax at the beach or indulge in some adventure activities or go for a shopping. Overnight stay at hotel.
- Day 4: Leave Pondicherry
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Chennai airport/railway station for your return journey.