Switzerland At Its Best is simply the best tour package to explore the major attractions of Switzerland. The itinerary is of 8 nights and 9 days and covering destinations like Zurich, Lucerne, Mt Titlis, St Moritz, Zermatt, Montreux, Chillon Castle and Geneva. The experts at Indian Holiday have designed the tour package intelligently to make sure of utmost satisfaction. Thus, this is one of the best Switzerland holiday packages for travelers looking for perfectly memorable vacation.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard rooms in a family-run guesthouse in Leh on single/double occupancy
- High Quality Camping Arrangements
- Toilet tent with portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Charges of 2 guides (for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members)
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9. (8 Dinners, 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Transport from and back to Leh as per the itinerary in Tempo Traveller / Toyota Innova / Mahindra Scorpio (extra charges)
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag ( Rs. 1800)
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Excursion to Mt. Titlis
- Excursion to Glacier 3000
- Visit the Chillon Castle
- Excursion to nearby cities of Bern and Lausanne
- Geneva City Tour
DAY 01: Arrive Zurich - Lucerne (1 hour)
Board a train to Lucerne post arrival in the Zurich Airport. After arrival in Lucerne, check-in to your hotel, freshen up and take a little rest. As the rest of the day is free to be spent at leisure, you may use the remaining day exploring the city on the road. Later, return for an overnight stay in your hotel.
DAY 02: Lucerne: Mt Titlis
In the morning, after breakfast, enjoy an excursion to Mt Titlis and take pleasure in a magnificent ride on the first ever revolving ‘RO TAIR’ gondola of the world. This ride offers 360° panoramic view of the Alps. Thereafter, return to your hotel in Lucerne for an overnight stay.
DAY 03: Lucerne - St Moritz (4 hours 25 minutes)
Post breakfast, board a train to St Moritz from Lucerne. After arrival, check-in to your hotel, freshen up and take a little rest. The remaining day is free to be spent at leisure. You may explore the city on the road. Later, return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 04: St Moritz - Zermatt (8 hours)
In the morning, post breakfast, board the scenic train to Zermatt from St Moritz. On reaching, get transferred and check-in to your hotel, freshen up and take a little rest. You may use the remaining hours of the day in exploring the city on the road. Return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 05: Zermatt: Glacier 3000 excursion
Get ready for an excursion to the Alps of Glacier 3000 after breakfast in the hotel. Take pleasure in witnessing the popular alpine peaks namely Mont Blanc, Mt Jungfrau, and Matterhorn. Thereafter, return to your hotel in Zermatt for an overnight stay.
DAY 06: Zermatt - Montreux (2 hours 40 minutes): Chillon Castle
In the morning, post breakfast board a train to Montreux from Zermatt. Arrive and check-in to your hotel, freshen up and take a little rest. Later in the afternoon, visit the Chillon Castle. This monument is regarded as one of the oldest and most-visited historical monument in Switzerland. Thereafter, return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 07: Montreux
This day is free to be spent at leisure. You may visit the nearby cities namely Bern and Lausanne on your own, after enjoying breakfast in the hotel. These cities are worth visiting due to various heritage sites that are regarded of national significance. Later, return to your hotel for an overnight stay.
DAY 08: Montreux - Geneva (1 hour): Geneva City Tour
In the morning, post breakfast, board the train to Geneva from Montreux. After arrival, check in to your hotel, freshen up and take a little rest. You may spend the remaining day at leisure. Alternatively, you may take pleasure in the Geneva City Tour. Thereafter, reach your hotel in Geneva for an overnight stay.
DAY 09: Depart Geneva
Post breakfast, check out from the hotel and reach Geneva Airport on your own, to board a flight for your onward journey.