A strong sense of Buddhist spirituality and dramatic mountain scenery combine to create a memorable atmosphere in Tawang, a Himalayan town best known as the birthplace of the sixth Dalai Lama. Officially part of India but claimed by China as part of southern Tibet, the town sits at an elevation of 2,669 m (8,757 ft), a height that endows it with a chilly climate and impressive mountain scenery. An elaborate, Tibetan-style monastery dominates the town, the majority of whose residents identify as members of the Monpa community. Trekking along the high-altitude paths and admiring the lush scenery serve as some of the most popular things to do in Tawang. Tawang is in Tawang District
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in standard rooms in a family-run guesthouse in Leh on single/double occupancy
- Daily Breakfast Lunch & Dinner at all places
- High Quality Camping Arrangements
- Toilet tent with portable toilet seats
- First Aid / Medical kit
- Charges of 2 guides (for the group of maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members)
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9. (8 Dinners, 8 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches) We have a system of providing 6 small meals along with tea/coffee in between.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any)
- Permits & camping fee (if any)
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
- Service Tax
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Transport from and back to Leh as per the itinerary in Tempo Traveller / Toyota Innova / Mahindra Scorpio (extra charges)
- Porter/mule charges to carry your personal bag ( Rs. 1800)
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
Hot Spring in Dirang
- Day 01: Guwahati – Tezpur ( 185 / 4 Hours )
On arrival at Guwhati Airport . Meet and Greet by company representative. Proceed to Tezpur en-route Dolphin Watching on the Brahmaputra River (Weather Condition )- . Check In your hotel. Later proceed to Tezpur sightseeing (If time allows us) Agnigarh where the immortal romance blossomed and stands testimony to the eternal time and Mahabhairab Temple. Dinner and Overnight at Tezapur .
- Day 02 : Tezpur - Bhalukpong - Dirang ( 200 kms / 6 Hours )
After breakfast at Hotel . Drive to Driang (4900 ft ) en-route cross Bhalukpong, , a town on the Assam – Arunachal Pradesh border . After clear entry formalities ( Inner Line Permit ) at Bhalukpong gate drive up to Tipi orchid centre -‘Orchid Paradise’ is famed to have the largest variety of orchids in India. . The Orchidarium at Tipi shelters 400 or more varieties of orchids. Then continue uphill drive passing by the beautiful eastern Himalayan landscape towards Dirang. Dirang is a beautiful high altitude valley habited by Monpa tribe. At Dirang visit beautiful sangty valley – winter resident of the Black necked Crane, Kalchakra monestary , Dirang D’zong, and Kiwi garden. Dinner and Overnight stay will be at Dirang.
- Day 3 : Dirang – Tawang (155 Kms / 6 hrs)
After breakfast at Dirang drive to Tawang – The land of Monpa Tribes and major centre of the Mahayana Buddhism. On the way to Tawang lies the world’s second highest pass – the Sela pass (13700ft) snow-covered (full or partial) all through the year and has breathtaking mystic views. and along a lake called Paradise Lake. The Sela Pass is the main route to access Tawang town and is located 78 km before reaching Tawang. Later visit Jaswantgarh, a memorial to the brave soldier who alone tried to hold of approaching Chinese from the pass during the 1962 Indo-Chinese war. Upon arrival at Tawang, check in to hotel. Rest of the day is free for leisure. Dinner and overnight stay will be at Tawang.
- Day 04: Tawang Full Day Sightseeing
Afte breakfast at visit Tawang Monastery, The famous Galden Namgyal Lhatse, popularly known as Tawang Monastery was founded during the 17th century by Merak Lama Lodre Gyatso who is considered as a contemporary of the 5th Dalai Lama. It is Asia’s second largest monastery and India’s largest which controls 17 Gompas in the region. The monastery has a three-storied assembly hall and 28 ft high golden statue of Lord Buddha. There is also a big library which has an impressive collection of ancient books and mauscripts. The famous Buddhist gold inscribed scriptures Kangyur and Tangyur are preserved here.Bhramadungchung ani gompa, Urgelling monastery – birth place of 6th Dalai Lama and War Tawang War memorial and evening enjoy the shopping at local market of Tawang.
From Tawang a day visit to Madhuri Lake & Bum La Pass (China Border) is possible but it is subject to army permission. It can be arranged at additional cost.
- Day 5 Tawang – Bomdila ( 180 Kms/ 6 Hours )
After breakfast you will take return journey towards Bomdila (180km). While coming from Tawang will visit Narunang waterfall at Jang. Upon arrival at Bomdila visit Bomdila Monastery (also known as the Gentse Gaden Rabgyel Lling monastery) is a replica of the Tsona Gontse monastery at Tsona in the southern Tibet, set up by the 12th reincarnate of the Tsona Gontse Rinpoche. Check in to hotel. Dinner and Overnight stay will be at Bomdila.
- Day 6 : Bomdila - Guwahati ( 340 Kms/ 9 Hours )
Breakfast at hotel. Proceed to Guwahati – Plain Road. Upon check hotel . If time allows visit Enjoy night Dinner at Brahmaputra Cruise ( Timing 19:00 – 22:00 ) in beautiful Brahmaputra river . Cruise for 2 hours, Eenjoy Live traditional Northeast cultural & folk dance performances and Live Music on the covered sundeck. Overnight stay will be Guwahati.
- Day 07: Guwahati
After breakfast check out from hotel visit Kamakhya Temple and with everlasting memories transfer to Guwahati After breakfast proceed to Guwhati Airport en-route visit Kamakhya Temple . Situated on top of the Nilachal Hill, Maa Kamakhya Temple is the most sacred among the tantrik shrines of Shakti worship in the world. Timings - 08:00 am to 13:00 pm an 15:00 pm to 17:00 pm. On time transfer to Guwahati Airport for onward journey.