North East India, holds its unique charm and sometimes rare from the other parts of the country. However, the beauty of Shillong attracts a wide range of tourists to the place and makes it a great destination to visit. A well-planned Beautiful Shillong with Guwahati package by Indian Holiday offers you a chance to explore some of such gems of this region. You visit Shillong, the capital of the state of Meghalaya, popularly called the “Scotland of the East”. Next is one of the wettest place in the world, Cherrapunjee. Another gem that you visit is Guwahati, the largest city of Assam state. Savor the scenery, enjoy the weather, and explore the wonders.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable India tour.
Shillong: Hotel Knight inn / Similar - 2 Nights
Guwahati: Hotel Vishwaratna / Similar - 2 Nights
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin Sharing Basis.
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Daily Breakfast Lunch & Dinner at all places
- Exclusive A/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing.
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges
- Service Tax.
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
- Visit the Borapani Lake (Shillong)
- Visit the Seven Sisters Falls (Cherapunjee)
- Visit the Mawsmai Cave and the Thangkharang Park (Cherapunji)
- In Shillong, visit the Elephanta Falls and the Shillong Peak
- Visit Lady Hydari Park
- Visit the famous Kamakhya Temple (Guwahati)
Day 01 : Guwahati Airport / Rly Station to Shillong - (100 kms / 03 hrs)
- On arrival at Guwahati Airport / Railway Station & transfer to Shillong (4,900 ft.), called 'Scotland of the East".
- Enroute visit Umium Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills. On arrival at Shillong, check in at your hotel.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 02 : Excursion to Cherrapunjee - (60 kms / 2 hrs One Way)
- After early breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee (4,400 ft.), the wettest place in the world. You will see the beautiful waterfall known as Nohkalikai.
- You can also explore the caves known as Mawsmai. Evening return to Shillong, enroute visit Elephanta falls and Shillong peak for some breathtaking views.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
Day 03 : Shillong Sightseeing- Guwahati - (110kms/3hrs drive)
- After breakfast visit Don Bosco Museum, Waredaca Lake, Botanical Garden and Lady Hydari Park. Later drive back to Guwahati. Check in Hotel.
- Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 04 : Guwahati Local - (100 kms / 03 hrs)
- After breakfast visit Kamakhya Temple, Navagraha Temple, Umananda Temple, Balaji Temple, State Zoo. Evening River Cruise over the river Brahmaputra.
- Overnight in Guwahati.
Day 05 : Guwahati Airport/Rly station Departure
- After breakfast transfer to Guwahati Airport. Tour ends Here with Sweet Memories.